Welcome!

Welcome to Blossoms Anew, formally Blooming in NYC! I recently relocated to a new city on the Eastern Seaboard, Providence, Rhode Island. Since moving, I realized that many of the same lessons that I learned in NYC have carried over here and I am continually striving to reach my personal best. Please join me as I continue to grow as a young lady, transplanted to Southern New England.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Starting Over

Last September, I wrote this post proclaiming my desire to transform my lifestyle into a more healthy and active one. The first semester as a full-time graduate student had a few ups and downs, and so did my lifestyle change. There were a few successes and a few more days of poor eating choices, followed by lack of activity. As the new year approached and I returned home to Michigan, I once again attempted to get a heads up in my lifestyle transformation. Instead of waiting to January 1st to resolve to exercise, eat healthy, and eventually lose weight, I did it when I returned to Michigan. Yes, right around the holidays.

Momentum was going strong! Once my internship began, I had my gym bag packed and made it to the gym every evening for one and a half weeks. It was awesome! But then, the unpredicted happened. My work-gym routine strayed away from me as my social and family life collided. New pleasures were explored, while new demands came my way. One and a half weeks later, pent up energy needs to be released (productively) and an abandoned iPod with new earbuds is calling my name.

In my mind, there's no need to wait until January 1st to resolve to become a better you! Strive for it everyday :-)

*Jas*

No comments: