Welcome!

Welcome to Blossoms Anew, formally Blooming in NYC! I recently relocated to a new city on the Eastern Seaboard, Providence, Rhode Island. Since moving, I realized that many of the same lessons that I learned in NYC have carried over here and I am continually striving to reach my personal best. Please join me as I continue to grow as a young lady, transplanted to Southern New England.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Extra, Extra Screen All the Brown People

This has been on my mind. So the young Nigerian man flew from Nigeria and stopped in Amsterdam before arriving to the US and having his master plan destroyed by that young director (thank god!). Now, TSA has implemented "random" enhanced screening for passengers on U.S.-bound flights. But Amsterdam or any other major European cities (Zurich or London) that are hubs for transfers or layovers to/from African countries are on this "extra screening" list. Therefore, even if people are being screened twice using whichever methods in these 11 countries, exchanges can be made in the transfer/layover cities, especially now since suspensions are focused so heavily on these 11 countries. My momma always told me, "Don't do anything half-assed!" If you're going to beef up security, do it on all US-bound and domestic flights, whichever. Go hard or go home, because if I thought about it, "they" already have, but probably in a more sophisticated and destructive way. Thoughts people?

No comments: